About House of Salvation, Portlethen
The church was founded as a church plant of The Fountain of Love Church, a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), in Aberdeen, UK in November 2011 and the level of growth we have experienced spiritually and numerically since our birth serves as a constant reminder that God can use the seemingly insignificant to make an impact in the world. The parish had its first service on 6th of November 2011 at the Portlethen Academy Theatre in Portlethen, with 13 adults and 3 children.
What’s our greatest encouragement as a growing Church? The passion with which members worship the Lord will come first. We are also so grateful to God for the dramatic changes we’ve seen in our lives over the months and years. We believe one of the means in which the Church can grow is when we can effectively meet the spiritual and sociological needs of our community. Light usually attracts.
WHO IS JESUS:
- Names of Jesus and their meanings
- The Bible
- Encounter Jesus (link of online devotionals/Open Heavens or YouVersion Plans)
WHO WE ARE
House of Salvation is a church that seeks to connect with our community by sharing the love and Joy God brings. Overwhelmed by the gift of salvation we have found in Jesus, we have a heart for authentic worship, are passionate about caring for those around us, and are on a mission to reach out to the world with God’s love.
Our desire is to create an atmosphere where people will feel loved and accepted; where they will find refuge, God’s salvation, peace and the power to overcome the challenges of life.
We as a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) have been called to:
- To make heaven.
- To take as many people as possible with us.
- To have a member of RCCG in every family of all nations.
- To accomplish No. 1 above, holiness will be our lifestyle.
- To accomplish No. 2 and 3 above, we will plant churches within five minutes walking distance in every city and town of developing countries and within five minutes driving distance in every city and town of developed countries.
We will carry out these objectives until every nation in the world is sold out for Jesus Christ our Lord.